Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blow Dryers & Tahoe People

REMINDER: Any and all photos can be clicked for a larger version.
So, Tonight was couples night. And yes! For once I'm actually going to get the post up on the same night! What a concept, right?
Anyway, Joel and I went to Costco the other day and saw that they had 2 $50 gift cards for $80 for the Truckee restaurant Moody's. Now, I didn't go in expecting to dislike this place...HOWEVER, Lili has been here before and...well, She's had better, haha. Gotta love my honest bff.

Now, if you're curious about the blog title, here goes...I decided to blow dry my hair after I got out of the shower, which I never do and absolutely fell in love with the way my hair looked. And second, I realized our couplezies bond is that we are all born and raised Tahoe people...who would've thunk? We're a rarity here.

Act Natural...Joel's all blurry..haha
So, I was super tired tonight, I don't know why but I'm not getting nearly enough rest lately. Still kind of on a bender from last week. I had 4 or 5 (not positive) cups of coffee while at dinner to keep awake, I'm still tired. I actually drank at least twice as much coffee as I did wine...weird huh?






See the coffee?
Anywho, So we probably waited around the bar area of Moody's for a good 5 minutes before the bar tender even looked our way. Which by that point Lili and I had decided to use the ladies room. Joel ordered a bottle of Zin which got picked up by the host (who looked like Steve Jobs, Black turtle neck and all) and then set down on the booth divider and then left to sit for about 10 minutes. Seriously, Wednesday night and we can't get decent service? So, annoying!
We managed to rope our server into taking a picture of us after the bartender had to leave the bar to open our bottle of wine.

OMFG...Can you day psychotic?
Cute!
Blind Girl conversation...Will these ever be funny to anyone but us? We may never know...
You know the bit.
IT took us like 20 minutes to get menus...good thing we scoped the menu online the night before.

Huh? What? 
I dunno...
SHWAWT?
We had some really tasty Hedgehog Mushrooms. No Hedgehogs were involved in the making however Polenta  and a sunny side egg was involved...HOLY YUMMERS!!!! Lili and I were thinking about licking the bowl. 

For serious?
I don't know what they're looking at...
Lili's BIG ASS PORK CHOP! It was super tasty and super huge. WE all had a chunk of it!
 My swordfish with mashed potatos, tempura asparagus and fennel.
I decided shortly into my fish that I didn't actually want fish...WHOOPS.
Joel's Rib Eye with Bearnaise and pom frite.
We traded plates halfway through but I only had one or two bites.
Stevesies Din-din...Vignetto.
So, Back to where we started. Lili and I like to take bathroom pictures...
Huh?
So, we had generally slow service and weren't treated super great. I probably wouldn't eat at Moody's again. Now, if I lived in Truckee I probably wouldn't rule it out as a dinner option. However, since we live at the lake I wouldn't eat here again, even with the implied 10% discount.
Now the runner up to the mushrooms was the dessert.
Lili and I talked the boys into letting us get the s'mores. 
The marshmallows were divine. It seemed like the entire thing was homemade. It was pretty much amazing but a little overwhelming sweetness wise. Also, the boys got a white chocolate peppermint creme brulee. Which the mint was OVERWHELMING as all get out. I tried to take a sip of wine after I took a bite and it tasted like I had just brushed my teeth. Also, it was a bit over egged. It's seemed like the Entree Chef has a bland pallet and the dessert chef over did everything. Not the best thing I've eaten for the price I'm sorry to say. I tried to like it. However I watched Lili making notes of the flaws, which I agreed with. We will NOT be back...Sorry Moody's we'll be taking our business elsewhere.
No for some funny bloopers of our couple counterparts trying to share a s'more, lol.






FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment