Monday, December 13, 2010

Overwhelmed -The tale of hygene procrastination, Nov. 11, 2010 - Dec. 13. 2010

I realized while staring myself in the mirror tonight, while brushing my teeth, that I have not washed my nappy head of hair in over a month. This blog post is dedicated to all the hats I've been wearing the past few weeks.

*Side note* This blog post will have no: Cute drawings, funny pictures, or talk of the southern California vacation...except for what I just said.

This past month has been crazy hectic for me. My Mother got married. I had 2 crafts fairs. A bag order that I was begged to re-do. I also hit the front page of Etsy.com thanks to someone featuring me in a treasury about pink items. This of course has brought on a surge of brand new customers that I have been struggling to keep up with.

It’s not like I haven’t been bathing, I just haven’t had the time to commit to actually washing and restyling my hair. And now I’m down to the line. My driver’s license expires this month and my appt. is on Tuesday. This means I have to re-dye my hair tomorrow, and go to my stylist to get it cut and styled, before my 3pm appt. on Tuesday.  I know what you’re thinking and the answer is yes. I dyed my hair around a month ago as well. So, I pretty much have the most intense pink hair that you’ve ever seen on a dirty *hippy.
*Note: I’m not actually a hippy. I just hang out with a lot of them.

I also have to mention that my most beloved In-Laws, I always say it but I DESPISE calling them such a derogatory sounding name, are coming to town the day after my license appt. I’m trying desperately to get the house clean so that we don’t look like a couple of unkempt teenagers that have one outfit for everyday of the year and simply toss our worn clothes on the floor to be washed when the year is over, because that’s kind of how it looks…seeing as the year is coming to an end after all.

I don’t know what else to say beside, I’m tired and very unattractive at the moment. I look like if the planet of the apes, Gene Simmons and Bozo the clown had a daughter with serious skin problems and possibly a mild mental illness. It’s the new black. You should try it.

Anyway, I maintain to keep my promise of finishing up the So-Cal Vay-Cay blog series, but for the moment it’s on hold. And I probably wouldn’t hold out any hopes until we start to round the holiday corner. I’m off to hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment